The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Friday, October 31, 2003

About Gumby Boy and Helmet-Banging

~*~

I was driving to class today, and as I sat waiting at a red light, a beat-up, anciently decrepit-looking car playing crank-it-up-loud rock music came to a stop next to me. When I turned to look at the driver, I noticed that he was enthusiastically head-banging along to some music and that he was wearing a motorcycle helmet! Yeah, that's right, a helmet. It was so comical... this guy in an itty-bitty, tiny, little car (kinda like the ones clowns use at the circus) wearing a colossal helmet as he head-banged to some Thai rock song. I was about to start laughing my @rse off, but he turned to glare at me and I had to stop myself in fear of being head-banged (I mean helmet-banged) to death.

On another note, my brother is a freak. No, really. This isn't sibling hostility or anything, he really, truly is. Look below, see what I mean?

Me: (staring agape at Jason whose right pinky finger is bent back at a grotesquely unnatural angle) Holy crap, I've known you since the day you were born and I didn't know you could do that!
J: Do what?
Me: (pointing madly at the freakish pinky) THAT!
J: What, oh, this? (easily bends back the pinky on his other hand)
Me: GAHH! Don't do that! Your finger's gonna snap!
J: No it won't. (bends it again, back and forth, up and down, twists it and turns it back and forth again and again like it's nothing but putty or some other rubber-like substance) See? A-OK.
Me: You are freakishly abnormal, do you know that? If you'd lived a hundred years ago, you would've been the main attraction in the traveling circus.
J: ...
Me: No, wait, a hundred years or not, you still could be the main attraction in any modern-day traveling circus...
(pregnant pause)
Me: Even Gumby got his own TV show in the 80's.



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">