The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Wo ai Zhou Jie Lun ;-)

Wow, yesterday was awesome. On my way to Siam Square, Monta called me since she'd just arrived here from Boston the day before. It was SO great to hear from her again! The last time we talked was way back during our senior year of high school, and we both agreed that it'd been way too long since we last had a long, long talk. We were like two tittering teens again, laughing over stupid things and dishing out the latest goss on everyone, hehe. Later that evening, as I was on my way to the Jay Chou concert, Alan gave me a surprise call and it turns out that he just flew in from LA and will be in town until the 11th!

Nothing beats an unexpected call from an old and dear friend.


~*~


I met up with Jai and Kung yesterday at Siam Square where we had some yummy Kuay Thiew Reua at Kuay Thiew Reua Tah Siam over at Soi 10. Kung is hilarious and Jai is such a sweetie!




Jai and I had a little laugh over Kung who owns a cat and hermit crab. We were both like, a hermit crab? But that's seafood, not a pet. Hehe, we also gave him a hard time since he owns a cat. Jai was like, what kind of a guy has a cat for a pet? Apparently Kung the business major says that owning a cat is much more economical than owning a dog. They require less vaccine shots and less booster shots, and don't eat as much as dogs. Hmm, interesting reasoning, hehe. Kung is so kee moh; half his conversations were about girls and whether or not we had any cute and available friends. Haha, anyway, they're great peeps, and hopefully they can celebrate New Year's eve with me and my friends at WTC next week.


~*~


I can't say much about the Jay concert except that it ROCKED. No one, I say no one, can rap as well as him (run back to Detroit, Em). Impact Arena was pumping, the fans were screaming, and the love was overflowing. It was amazing to see all these Thai fans singing along to his songs in Mandarin, and Jay said to the crowd that despite the language barrier, he was touched that we could all sing along to his songs.


Can you spot the famous blue outfit? Unfortunately there wasn't any saber sword this time, hehe.



He said a few phrases in Thai: Sawadee krub, sabai dee mai krub, and khob khun took khon tee ma na krub. The crowd returned the love by screaming out, "shi yin wei wo tai ai ni" during his beautiful performance of "An Jing" (Silence), and again later on during his performance of "Jian Dan Ai" (Simple Love) where everyone yelled out "wo ai ni, ni ai wo". Hehe, lots of love, lots of noise, lots of fun.


I managed to sneak my camera in! Job played a large part in helping me sneak it past the guards (he touched the guard's arm and acted like a rabid fan, and so the guard let me pass through without so much as a glance because I think he was a little homophobic, haha).


Jay Chou is his amazing; that boy's teeming with talent. His uptempo, Kung-fu inspired songs demanded that you get up on your feet and give in to the drumming beats and swift rapping, and his ballads were all incredibly moving. They showed a video clip of him playing a song on the piano when he was about 4 (Musette by J.S. Bach), before he came out on stage and, in light of the holiday season, began playing Silent Night. He then sang a load of ballads and the crowd hushed as he sat at his piano - his natural habitat - and sang as if his heart were breaking (don't worry Jay, there are thousands of girls out there who are willing to mend it for you. ;-)) He truly gave it his all and he sang with his whole heart and soul.





It was all kind of surreal; I'd been anticipating and waiting for the concert for what felt like AGES, and so when the show was finally over, it almost felt like it hadn't even happened at all. I turned to Job and Ploy at the end, and the reaction was, wow, it's over already? Job just sort of gave a little sob and cried, "I can die happy now!" :-P





~*~


I have to leave for Korat in about an hour, and I still have a bit of packing left to do, so I'll shut up for once and leave my rambling to a minimum. I'll just end by saying that last night was absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Zhou Jie Lun, you rock my socks. :-D



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">