The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Blueberry Cheesecake Can Motivate You

~*~

I've moved to blogger because I like the freedom you're given in modifying and altering your blog's templates and designs. I'm still in the process of moving my old xanga entries here, and so the archives aren't quite complete yet. Oh, this template isn't my own (I'm not that artistically inclined, lol), but if you like it, you can get this design and other templates for your own blog here. Since I'm a Shakespeare fan, I really liked the Midsummer Night's Dream layout... and hey, the little fairy is playing the Irish tin whistle. :) (btw, I still have my xanga account, but if you go there it'll just redirect you to here).

I got the sudden urge to do a little more jogging than I usually do around the lake behind my house today (okay, the blueberry cheesecake I had at lunch might have had a little something to do with it). Jason came along, too, but on his bike (lazy @rse ). I have recently reunited with my digital cam and so I brought it along with me, too. My finger got a little spastic along the way and I started snapping every random little thing...

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge them (they'll open in a new browser).



You can't see my house in this pic, but it's there, a little further down the lake beyond the palm trees.



My house is directly across the lake from here. You can see the silhouette of the quaint little Thai sala I like to frequent whenever it isn't occupied by other peeps. It's a great place to watch the sun set or just kick back and read or listen to music. Same old view but the sky flashes different colors everyday.



The sala again.



Do you see the house with the blue roof? They have mad parties nearly every single weekend and you can always hear everything from top 40 hits to old 70's disco tunes to cringe-worthy luk tung music blasting away from their side of the lake. But it's all good because sometimes even I like grooving to Abba's Dancing Queen. Last time they had a little karaoke session and I'll never forget it because there was this one guy who sang Britney's "Oops! I Did it Again" song and I swear I nearly died laughing. I know, how mean, but I really couldn't help it. He got so into it and even from across the lake in my backyard, I could hear all the little moans and groans and "ooh yeahs" he made. Oh man, it was so freakin hilarious.



Just some left over som tum and kao pad someone left out for the dogs. I wonder how dogs can tolerate spicy food, I mean, you never see them running around in desperate search of water after eating a spicy dish. I guess it's the extra tough tongues?



Another lake on the other side of the moo ban.



Because 14-year old boys have a fascination with all things gruesome, Jason thought this was cool and took a pic. It's the remains of a poor frog. This is quite common in Thailand, actually. These kahng koke's get squashed all the time by passing cars, motorcycles, trucks (sometimes people), and what's left behind are these big black splotches along the streets. If you get grossed out easily and don't want to lose your lunch, don't click! (Especially if you don't want to see its bones). Yecch.



View from the playground. There was this little girl who took off her clothes and started running around naked with flailing arms. Heh, it was funny and I wanted to take a pic, but I don't think her mom would have appreciated it much.



Here's my street. Home sweet home.


Bye bye sleeping-late, sleeping-in, doing-nothing-but-going-out-and-lazing-about vacation of bliss, school has started. And so the vicious cycle starts all over again...



<< past entries | latest entry >>



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">