The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Currently Playing:

White on Blonde

By Texas
~*~
"i'll send you a postcard from heaven's ocean
i feel like staying here in heaven's ocean
there's a storm in my thoughts now
come wash me clean beneath the waves with me
now we're smiling, see me smiling
silence is what I need it's only in the sea"


Texas [Postcard]

~*~


Was talking with Akira on MSN this morning, and yea, the APEC conference has finally come to a close:

Banno says: APEC is over right
. l y n n . says: yup
Banno says: i heard that thailand did a great job man
. l y n n . says: yeah, they did!
Banno says: its great to know that... "pride of thailand"
. l y n n . says: hehe bush was tapping his feet to the "ra-nad" music during the royal barge ceremony
Banno says: really, he did that?
Banno says: arghh..anyways i'm happy he's gone from bkk
. l y n n . says: yeah i read it in the daily news this morning
. l y n n . says: they also said arroyo couldn't get enough of Thai durian lol
Banno says: haha....really?....where do you get that from
Banno says: daily news thailand?
Banno says: haha...its quite funny putting that into the article
. l y n n . says: yeah i just got back from the bank and was reading a little snippet
. l y n n . says: from the newspaper while i was there
Banno says: but arroyo's country has DURIAN
. l y n n . says: yeah i know... but they said she really liked durian ice cream
Banno says: but anyways great job...really happy for thailand
Banno says: durian ice cream
Banno says: thinking about it
Banno says: she is small and chubby
. l y n n . says: hahaha
. l y n n . says: so is megawati....
. l y n n . says: or as my brother says, MEGAwati

By the way, if anyone was wondering, Arroyo's the president of the Philippines and Megawati's the prime minister of Indonesia.

Yecch.  I can't stand durian, much less durian ice cream.  I remember trying durian for the first time when I was eight.  I was on vacation in Thailand and as I took my first trip to the thalad nud (morning market), my cousin said to me rather excitedly, "You HAVE to try this!!!  It's the best thing EVER, in the whole wide world!!!  I eat it ALL the time!!  I can't get enough of this stuff!!!!".  So, as you can imagine, I was really eager to get a taste of this "really amazing fruit" (*insert multiple, excited exclamations*), and I did... and I regretted it.  I wanted to spit it out, stomp on it and gargle until my tongue fell out, but couldn't because my cousin and the mae kha (vendor lady) both had these super excited looks on their faces as I took my first bite... I remember my cousin looking as though she expected me to start jumping up and down, raving about durian, "the best fruit in the whole wide world!!!!" (*insert multiple, excited exclamations*).  All I could offer was a weak, "aroy dee ka" (*cough, choke, cough*).  I now avoid the yucky yellow stuff like the plague.

Thai Rath also had more details (gossip) on what went on behind the scenes at APEC, too.  Poor Bush, they said he really wanted to leave his bulletproof room to view the Royal Barge ceremony from outside, but his body guard wouldn't let him.  Also, as I was watching the live coverage, I noticed that everytime he greeted Taksin before a conference, he would go, "Howdy, Mr. Prime Minister!"... hehehe, gotta love the Texan in him.

I got this from Joy yesterday... I thought it was cute. 



Oh yeah, I'm all for promoting bitch-slapping.

And, for some really odd reason, I find this mildly amusing.  According to them, I am insane.  Kakakaka...

Oh, and speaking of Texans, Texas rocks (the band, not the Lone Star State). I'm listening to them right now and Put Your Arms Around Me is achingly beautiful... Sharleen Spiteri, what a gorgeous voice.



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">