The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Currently Playing:

Dont Know Why / Lonestar / Peace

By Norah Jones


~*~
"when I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
instead of kneeling in the sand
catching teardrops in my hand
my heart is drenched in wine
but you'll be on my mind
forever"

Norah Jones [Don't Know Why]
~*~

I got this from Joe today. I haven't done these things since high school. Thanksss, dude.

LAYER ONE - BASICS:
Name: Lynn
Birth date: Nov. 19, 1982
Birthplace: Orlando, FL
Places you’ve lived: Dallas, TX; Raleigh, NC; Union City, CA; Los Altos, CA
Current location: BKK, Thailand (yah!)
Eye color: dark brown
Hair color: black
Height: 5'6
Righty or Lefty: righty (but it'd be cool to be ambidextrous)
Innie or Outtie: innie
Zodiac Sign: scorpio
Current mood: relaxed
Current hair: too damn long
Current annoyance: god. damn. mosquito. COME BACK HERE!! I'll getchu!
Current smell: Pleasures by Estee Lauder
Current things you ought to be doing: Absolutely nothing! Isn't vacation time grand?
Current desktop picture: the very beautiful Cliffs of Moher, located in County Clare, Ireland
Current favorite boy band groups:  I'm too ashamed to mention them, but C21, Blue, F4 (whah, I oughtta be pummeled).
Current worry: 3 overdue DVDs... damn blockbuster
Current addictions: Dido’s Life For Rent album, my digital camera, Jay Chou, all Marian Keyes books, Jerry Yan's "Zhi You Wo" song, curry-flavored ramen noodles from Fuji, Meteor Garden (how pathetically sad am I?).

Layer Two - DESCRIBE:
Your heritage: ethnically Chinese, culturally Thai, mentally American, physically human. 
Languages: English (duh), Thai, French, Teo Chew Chinese, Spanish (rudimentary Spanish from when I was younger, and some odd words here and there… empuje, Naeglerian!), Pig Latin 
The shoes you wore today: Since I haven’t gone out yet, I’ve been puttering around the house barefoot all day, but I'll probably slip on some strapless heels when I go out later tonight.
Your weakness: chocolate  
Your fears: not living life to the fullest and... hairy, 8-legged, multiple-eyed, cackling spiders (those evil creatures are all out to get me). 
Your perfect pizza: pepperoni drowned in cheese

Layer Three - TELL:
Your most overused phrase on AIM/AOL/ICQ: yup, haha, hehehe, wow, omg...
Your thoughts first waking up: #%$!, just five more minutes! five. more. freakin. minutezZZzzZzZzzzz... 
Your best physical feature: my hands?
Your bedtime: non-existent
Your most missed memory: high school days (miss my TLCAGS babes and RIS peeps)
Dream destination:  The most beautiful country in the world - Ireland all the way.

Layer Four - YOU PREFER:
Pepsi or Coke: green tea! (OK, pepsi)
McDonald's or Burger King: tom yum koong (OK, Burger King)
Single or Group Dates: I guess single, but group dates can be loads of fun, too.
Adidas or Nike: living in Thailand, I haven’t worn sneakers for ages, but Nike, I suppose.
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Nestea
Chocolate or vanilla: vanilla manilla bananafana fanilla
Cappuccino or coffee: cappuccino with oodles of cinnamon

Layer Five - DO YOU:
Smoke: HELL NO. I'm actually rather fond of my lungs.
Cuss: sadly, yes (and with increasing frequency when stuck in traffic)... but not that often and, when I do, I usually do it in various languages other than English so that I don't feel so guilty.
Sing well: sheeaaah right, dogs howl and run for the hills the moment I start singing… but I do sing often, like all the time (much to the dismay of the people around me).
Dance well: I can get by
Take a shower everyday:  yeah, mostly because I'm not so fond of fleas
Want to go to college: already (dying) there
Want to get married: of course, when the right person comes along
Believe in yourself: yeah
Get motion sickness: nope
Think you're attractive:  I have two eyes, ears, a nose and mouth; I think I look alright. 
Think you're a health freak: With chocolate as my best friend? I don't think so.
Get along with your parents: yup, you bet
Like thunderstorms: yeah, especially while reading a good book
Play an instrument: piano, Irish tin whistle, violin, flute, guitar, Thai khim

Layer Six - PAST 6 MONTHS HAVE YOU:
Drank alcohol: nope, I'm not much of a drinker (although it is fun watching all the funky things other people do when they get wasted, hehehe)
Smoked: nuh-uh, never have, never will
Done a drug:  nope
Gone to the mall: when I have enough $$$, I live there
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: when I was a kid, I used to lick the cream off all the cookies before dumping the little biscuits back into the box... does that count?
Eaten sushi: of course (sorry Nemo), just yesterday, actually
Gone skating: yup
Made homemade cookies: With my (lack of) cooking skills? No, I don't want to poison the ones I love
Gone skinny-dipping: haha, no   
Dyed your hair: used to dye it all the time when I was in middle school and high school, but I like to go au naturel now.
Stolen anything: A panda pin when I was two-years old. Apparently my dad was carrying me when I innocently and unknowingly plucked it off a store shelf. I still have it - evidence of my bygone criminal days.

Layer Seven - HAVE YOU EVER:
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: nope (but intoxicated to Johnny Depp, yes)
Commited a crime:  nooo, but I have bribed Thai cops to evade tickets (really, I'm not a criminal... everyone here does it!  Bangkokians, will you please testify for me?? ).
Been called a tease: eh, no
Gotten beaten up: nuh-uh
Changed who you were to fit in: no, high school life was kind to me

Layer Eight - OPPOSITE SEX:
Best eye color: really doesn't matter
Best hair color: actually having hair would be nice, but any color really is fine (pink, purple, green, orange... all colors of the rainbow are purdy)
Short or long hair: Whatever floats their boat I guess. I might have to draw the line at cousin It-esque do's though...
Best height: taller than me would be nice
Best weight: I don't know, everyone comes in all shapes and sizes
Best articles of clothing: whatever they're comfortable in
Best first date location: Paris or Venice (hey, a girl can dream)
What you look for: arms, legs, eyes, ears, you know, the basics.  But seriously speaking, I guess I look for honesty, sensitivity, respect, and most importantly, a guffawing, laugh-out-loud, mwahaha sense of humor.

Layer Nine - NUMBER OF:
Drugs taken illegally:  didn't I already answer this question?
People I could trust with my life: family and really close friends
CD's I own: I used to own a lot of CDs & tapes (nearly 400), but I don't go on as many mad music shopping sprees anymore now that me and Kazaa have gotten really chummy (3,500+ mp3s and counting)... whoops, another mark for my ever growing criminal record. 
Piercings: 2
Tattoos: none, but I'd like to get one someday
Scars on my body: my upper arm, my leg, my foot... I was a rambunctious child and tended to fall down and bump into people and things a lot. Sometimes, I still do (old habits die hard, I guess).



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">