The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Where is the Luuurve?

Ooh, lookie here!  I'm Sebastian, the slightly anal but really hip crustacean!  And I sing Jamaican music way better than that amateur Sean-Paul!I just re-read my last entry and realize that it's pretty much all about puking and pooping. Sorry, folks. I can assure you I don't talk about puke and poop on a regular basis, just in case any of you were wondering. I hope no one was too grossed out or anything, especially with the green poop bit. Thanks a lot for the well-wishes, by the way! I'm feeling much better now, thanks. But jeez, stupid crab! Because of it, I wasn't able to attend my cousin's wedding on Tuesday, and I also ended up missing out on an uber-fun trip to Hua Hin with Caro and her Singaporean friends. Ah well. I'll have to make sure and find time to see P'Nuch off at the airport before she leaves for Houston.

(That's Sebastian the Crab from The Little Mermaid, by the way. I always thought he was really cool, what with his really swinging and Caribbean-esque version of "Under the Sea", and really cheesy grin. So while I may harbor a strong aversion towards crustaceans in general right now, I still really like good ol' Sebastian. Yeah, me and Sebastian, we's real tite, yo. Ahem.)


The newlyweds!
Apparently, my dad got a little teary-eyed when P'Nuch came out in her wedding dress, and my mom said that they looked very much in love and wouldn't let go of each other's hands. Everyone thought they'd never get together, since they're both really shy when it comes to the whole dating gig, but just look at them now!

(All together now, "Awwww...")


~*~


I went to pick up my brother from his last dance of the school year today. It's always nice to go back to my old school and have that big pang of nostalgia hit me. This is his last year of middle school, and the kid's going to be starting high school next year. HIGH SCHOOL! Seems like just yesterday I was busting my gut laughing at him when his 2-year old self went and pooped in his pants the last time we went to Yosemite. Oops, poop-talk again. Sorry, I promise no more poop-talk henceforth.


Anyways, good older sister that I am, I waited for that sucker for nearly an hour. Fifty-three minutes to be exact. A lot can happen in fifty-three minutes, I tells ye.


While walking from the parking lot to the Godbout Hall, I passed by a large group of guys, who I suspect were in the eighth grade, since one of them I believe is a friend of my brother's. A couple of them were carrying rolled-up posters in front of their crotches and were singing Kelis' infamous Milkshake song. Except, well, they'd fiddled around with the words somewhat, thus changing the lyric to:

"My hot dog brings all the girls to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours. Damn right, it's better than yours. I can teach you, but I have to charge."

I don't think I've ever seen anyone cavort before, but those boys - with their rolled-up poster paper and Kelis-morphed song - were doing some mad cavorting and frolicking. Pretty funny stuff, people.


Later, while waiting by the benches outside of Godbout Hall, I saw a Khun Ying-type mother barking into her cell phone. ("Khun Yings" are women who are members of the Thai royal peerage and are given their titles by HM Queen Sirikit. They dress and act ostentatiously, and are notorious for their REALLY BIG HAIR.) She was yelling at some poor person LOUDLY and with much flair, I must say. Every time she jabbed her huge diamond ringed fingers into the air, her head would shake and her wide, hair-sprayed hair would sort of bounce and jounce along too, thus making for a rather entertaining spectacle.


I'd forgotten to bring a book along with me, and so to kill time, I wandered off towards the cafe by the swimming pool. I bought some bubble tea, and just as I was turning around to walk out the door, I just so happened to spot my middle school PE teacher on the way in. So, I had to duck and stealthily slither away. Why? Well, you see, way back in the eighth grade, my girlfriends and I all had a big fat crush on the same guy, believe it or not. Mr. PE Teacher eventually found out who it was we all had a big fat crush on, and well, seeing as how it was the eighth grade and all, it was all really embarrassing to us, darnit. It hadn't been so hard for him to figure out, actually, because every single time le crush would walk past the volleyball court during PE class, we'd literally stop whatever it was we were doing to stare at him. Tenderly. And with much fondness. Ugh, how embarrassing. So anyways, this means that we got hit on the head with the volleyball on many, many, many occasions. Perhaps said hitting might have even inflicted permanent neurological damage. God knows that sure would explain a lot.


~*~


In other news, Blogger is awesome. First it goes and gives me a free Google email account (which, in case you haven't heard, provides you with 1 GB of space), and now it has this new, nifty little program called "Hello!", which allows me to upload unlimited pics to my blogger space. Sweet.


And hey, hey, hey! The Black Eyed Peas are coming to town, and guess who just got tickets today? "Where is the love"? Right here, baby, right here!






17 Comments:

  • At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you're feeling better! LoL I love that little song and dance number in Little Mermaid. Haha I can't believe those boys were also doing a little dance, I can't picture that happening in Thailand :P Then again it was Int'l school right?

    Aah I've been dying for a Gmail account! I have a blogger account actually.. do they just give it to all bloggers? Have a good weekend!

    -PaM

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Agree agree :) there are so many cool blogging tools around but I can't really leave blogger.com. I love the all new and improved features they offer. *^_^*

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wanted GMail ever since I heard of it. I tried to create a blogger account just to see if I would get it, but my usual Username is taken. Who would have known someone else could have such a weird name haha. That's a funny story from 8th grade, but I'm sure your PE teacher would overlook a teenage girl's behaviour and you have no reason to be embarassed almost 10 years later ;).

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As usual, I forget to say who I am...

    GunThai

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its mj. hmm the comment thingee changed.

    Sorry havent been to your page for awhile but it does freeze up my comp whenever I do visit. :-P

    I usually dodge old teachers too unless theyre one of my fave ones. I always get uncomfortable trying to make small talk with them.

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aahh, i love bubble tea, too bad it is rare to get bubble tea over here. either i have to go to Amsterdam or Rotterdam to buy bubble tea and that isn't really around the corner.
    I have MSN, I have added you (my account = pui_san_c@hotmail.com). (most of the time my status I am away, but actually I am 90% not away hehee, 10% = for eating and peeing :P)

    1 gb of extra space, oww you lucky bird!! it is so hard to host pictures anywhere...

    my sis loves the song Milkshake and once she starts to sing, it won't go out of my head for the whole day...it's like kylie's: can't get you out of my head

    you to have a great weekend!!!

    Poeh

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ..and that is the cutest hot dog i have ever seen =)

    Poeh

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    one more thing, speaking about dial up.. I had to lend my neighbours computer a couple of days ago and they still use dial up. (in holland it is pretty weird to still use dial up, most of them have adsl broadband. i had to download adobe to open a certain form and it took me 15 minutes to download the whole program..aarghh..I was about to pull my hair out. i can't believe i could live with the dial up age for so long (3 years and 3 years of angry parents =)). if i download the whole thing with broadband, it takes me 3 seconds to finish the whole installment. broadband rulez :-D

    now i stop harrassing your comment box!

    Poeh

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooo, I heard Kelis' song recently. Heh, I know, kinda late, haha. Nevertheless, it's very catchy.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heya!!! Its great to hear that u are feeling better now :) Damn u r so lucky getting to use G-Mail. I have been waiting to use it since the news came out that Google decided to run a free email service. Anyway hope u have a great time at the Black Eye Peas concert!!!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm...maybe i'll consider moving to blogger as well then ^^

    magg aka xxandros

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They forgot the sour kraut on the hot dog ;P

    -monstermarlo

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear your feeling better, sorry to hear that you missed the wedding, but at least you got pictures. i knew you couldnt go a whole post without talking about poop! haha jk. it is quite the interesting topic as disgusting as it may be. i love the little mermaid!! thanks for the birthday wish too.

    ~May

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow. HS dances...that was SO long ago. hehe.

    haha i can't believe you were still embarassed to see your PE teacher, after like 7yrs! Is he still cute? hehe.

    aww hope you had fun at the black eye peas concert!

    man, you just made me want a blogger acct haha.

    Jen

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey lynn!

    lol. boys and their hotdogs.... HAHAHAH! they're so funny.

    anyways... it's good to hear that you're better... although it's too bad that you had to miss out on some fun stuff. :(

    anyways.. i have to go.. freakin' summer school homework :(

    -terri

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh god, why all good bands travel oversea, and all we have left are rained out shows--of Common, da Roots and teh like? Why, I say, Why??

    hehe..wow how did i miss your last post, the poop-post? LOL.

    Awww...summer is wedding season. how sweeet. congratulation, Lynn. ;)

    -Jimmy

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger jeremy said…

    if any of you want a google email account, you can beg for it (like i did) at the gmail swap site: http://www.gmailswap.com/

    i didn't see the black eyed peas concert but they all went to q bar the night they performed, where i just so happened to be boozing. was a *very* fun night but i unfortuntely couldn't get to see the group as there was a wall of people standing near them, presumably cooler than the rest of us through osmosis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">