The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Some eye candy for you, but no chicken for me =(

I'm finally cured! Whatever's been plaguing me these last few days is finally gone and my throat feels absolutely dandy now. I had a fever of 101 F during the weekend, though, and so I spent the better part of Sunday vegging out in front of the TV, watching CNN. I'm a total geekzoid, I know, but hey, if it hadn't been for CNN's The Music Room, then I would have missed their segment on Ben Jelen. Besides the fact that he's not so hard on the eyes (he turned down a modeling contract to start his music career), he's also got a brain (Biology degree from Rutgers) and is seriously talented - he plays the piano, violin, guitar, and has an absolutely lovely voice. He's rather adept with the pen, too, as evidenced by his lyrics. His words are very poetic and tend to evoke feelings of bittersweet nostalgia.

"Isabelle, she treads so lightly, floating in her gypsy dresses,
Even though her words cut deep, I can't deny the truth in them,
On the phone, she talks a lot,
And me, I listen hopelessly,
So directionless, I head into oblivion,
And then I decide to give another random memory,
To remind her of the first time we sang out to the sea,
Oh Isabelle, you always understood me,
Please Isabelle, forgive me now."
-- Falling Down


"The years flash by, today melts to yesterdays memories,
Time's holding us tight,
I'm looking back to remember the days we said we'd never say goodbye,
And now you're gone, my hands melt to yesterday's melodies,
time's pushing along,
still looking back to hold on to the days we said we'd never say goodbye.
I'm dreaming of a world with you, I wish the night was longer
I'm chasing the way we were, I wish that I could catch us.
I'm feeling your hand in mine, I wish I'd held it closer
I know that I'll soon find, I know that she can hear me say..."
--She'll Hear You


Later, I watched Wolf Blitzer and some other CNN senior analysts scrutinize and examine all the Presidential candidates (I'm placing my bets on Kerry). There was also a lot of talk about the cursed Bird Flu that's been tormenting Asia as of late, and so I had a fleeting moment of paranoia where I spent a few seconds worrying whether or not the Bird Flu was the cause of my ailment. =P

So it looks like this Bird Flu thing's gotten pretty big. It's been all over the evening news and local talks shows lately, and everyone's worried that it might become an even graver threat than SARS. Jatujak, which isn't that far away from where I live, and the area around my brother's school have both been labelled as a code-red zone.


As I was walking past KFC yesterday, I noticed that it was completely devoid of even a single customer. Ouch - the poultry industry's really going to suffer from this. Alternatively, most Thais have been turning towards pork instead. Poor Babe and Wilbur.


I'm not very artistic, be it digital or actual art, so please excuse the fact that Babe looks like he has a Hitler-esque mustache when really what I intended for him to have was a sad face.


I'm obviously procrastinating, as usual. Okay, back to my poster presentation I go...




<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">