The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Friday, November 21, 2003

The Computer With a Bad Case of Cooties

After class yesterday, I popped by the computer lab in the science building at my uni to check my email. I didn't really expect there to be a vacant computer since the lab's usually brimming over with students after 4 PM, but lo and behold, luck was on my side! Sitting in one very dark lonely corner was a wee little computer all alone and neglected in a room full of buzzing students clickity-clacking away at their respective terminals. A vacant computer? Now that's unusual, I thought. However, as I got closer and the computer's desktop wallpaper became clearer (I wasn't wearing my glasses), I suddenly realized why.


A-ha! Someone had changed the desktop wallpaper to a picture of a very naked, very busty, very, uh, explicitly posed buxom blonde. Well phooey, I said (not aloud, though), what a big, bad waste of a perfectly good computer. I deduced that perhaps some of the shy Thais had found this to be a tad embarrassing, and had therefore decided to steer clear of it. Not me, nosiree, I plopped down and started happily clickity-clacking away in simultaneous harmony with everyone else in the room.


Today, I again stopped by the computer lab after class to check my mail, and whaddaya know? The same wee little computer that I had been using the day before was again left all alone in the same dark corner of the again filled-to-the-brim computer lab. Sympathising with the poor computer's lamentable plight, I said to myself, something must be done! And so I marched up to the computer, checked my email (and got a little sidetracked blog-surfing and xanga-ing), and finally changed the desktop wallpaper to this. How's that for a buxom babe? Yes, well anyway, I'm happy to say that the computer is now cootie-free. Hopefully people will start using it now so that it can finally live out the rest of its days with a purpose.


On another random observational note: As I was driving to uni this morning, I stopped at a red light (the same one where I spotted the helmet-banger a few weeks ago) and briefly glanced over at my rearview mirror. In the pick-up truck behind me was a man FLOSSING HIS TEETH. Yes, that's right, you heard me - he was FLOSSING his TEETH. As if that wasn't bad enough, he actually wiped whatever debris he was able to dig out of his mouth onto his shirt! Ewww. I know many fellow Bangkokians have rather tight schedules, especially with the chaotic traffic and hectic city life, but c'mon, please rid your oral orifices of your morning toast in the nice warm privacy of your home!


Pfft, and men complain about women applying makeup in the car.



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">