The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Guess who's comin' to BKK?

Thanks, everyone, for all the wonderful birthday comments! Unfortunately, I'm sad to say that I didn't get a chance to do anything wild or crazy last night like have an unruly party involving 50 crates of beer and a dwarf (ehh, inside joke). I instead spent the majority of yesterday evening being a "good student" and did some very last-minute cramming (damn you, procrastination!!) for the test I had today (which I think went pretty well). Yeah, and in addition I also have a presentation to prepare for for tomorrow, but I promise to do some mad celebrating next week!


After reading what everyone has said about the big two-one, turning 21 doesn't seem so bad after all. I guess the only major downside to it, as markboonya says, is that biological clock of mine and the fact that it's now quickly ticking away in conjunction with my swiftly diminishing ova. Hahaha. And no, Mark, I didn't get a roti-layered cake. I also didn't know that roti was considered an aphrodisiac (gee, beween the Oxytocin bit and this, you sure are a wealth of information). Is it really? Can Dr. Chim-Chim please verify this for me? Man, and to think of all the times I used to buy roti by the dozen for my ah-ma when she was alive.


This morning as I was driving to class, my cousin May called me. In my rather sluggish, rather drowsy state (I'm not much of a morning person as it usually takes me at least 3 hours to fully awaken), I picked up the phone and answered, only to have her scream my poor ear off ("LYYYYYYYYYNN!!!!!!"). She scared the crap outta me because I thought that she had some bad news about a relative or something, especially since the last time she ever called me on my cell phone was last October to tell me that her dad had passed away. So yeah, I was anticipating bad family-related news or news that she had lost a limb or two (it certainly sounded like it), but, no, instead she demanded that I turn on the radio to 88.0. As I fumbled for the buttons to switch off my Jay Chou CD and turn the station to 88.0, my impatient cousin decided to break the news to me herself:

"JAY. CHOU. IS. COMING. TO. BANGKOK. thisDecember23rdforaliveconcertatImpactArena!!!!"

(AHHHHHHH)


If you know me or have ever had a 2-second conversation with me, then you will know that, as a rather big Jay Chou fan, I couldn't have been more thrilled.


(Cue insane screaming from two psychotic cousins.)



Why does Jay Chou look like he has Britney Spears boobies in this pic???
(That sneaky l'il fella, he must be getting secret tips from Fabio!)


So I finally got to class, and as I was waiting for the prof to arrive, my phone rang again and this time it was Job, a close friend of mine who's a pretty rabid Jay Chou fan himself. Insane screaming that could have easily rivaled May's ensued (Job's gay to the bone), and boy was he loud! (The two guys sitting in front of me actually heard him and glanced over to see what all the commotion was about.)


As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, when I got home this evening my maid, P'Sai, came racing to me from the backyard hollering, "Jay Chou's coming to Thailand! Jay Chou's coming to Thailand! And so is Jerry Yan from F4! Jerry Yan from F4!" I think she had to repeat everything twice because it hadn't all quite sunk in yet.


Later, another friend of mine rang me up to tell me the big news as she drove home from class. In her ecstatic, rather muddled and incoherent state, she nearly ran over a guy on a motorcycle and so I had to try to calm her down: "If you run someone over and get convicted of manslaughter then you won't be able to go to the Jay Chou concert." It worked like a charm and I'm glad to say that she got home in one piece.


So yeah, with all the overflow of female hormones and fanatical teenybopperness, it's been a pretty interesting day.


The news about Jay Chou's BKK concert has been all over the news and on virtually every single radio station. May says the tix are gonna be selling like hotcakes, and so we have to hurry and buy them if we want to get good seats.

I'm okay now. Really. I've pretty much got all of this morning's lunacy out of my system now.

Well, almost all of it.




<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">