The Voices In My Head

Ramblings of a Bangkokian Girl

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

The Brimming Over With Randomness Entry #8,976

~*~

[ My Burnt Eggs ]

Me: "I tried cooking for Jason while you were gone."
Dad: "Yeah?"
"Yeah, good thing you came back in time before I accidentally poisoned him or something."
"That bad, eh? I told you to just order some pizza."
"Weeeell, I had good intentions."
"So, what happened?"
"I burned my eggs."
"You burned your eggs??? Does this mean no grandchildren for me...?"






Seeing as how I never miss a single episode of Jamie Oliver's Naked Chef show, and the fact that cooking and interior design shows are the types of shows I watch the most of, you would think that my cooking skills would at least be a fraction of a notch above "virtually defunct". Oh well, it's just one of those baffling mysteries of life, I suppose.






~*~


[ Cead Mile Failte to you, too, Malachi ]

Hey, guess what? While browsing through some Thai Malachi sites, I stumbled across a picture of myself and Malachi from the meet-and-greet session I nearly busted my ass racing to after class a few weeks ago. Someone must have taken it from behind without me noticing. Heh, not like it really matters because I probably wouldn't have even batted an eye if a flock of pigeons had flown over me and showered me with bird poop. (Believe it or not, this has actually happened to me before. Sad, huh.)


~*~


[ Jay Chou Tix ]

Yes, Ocean_Blue, I finally got 'em! YEEEAAH!

Choosing the seats actually took quite a while. Job and I had a rather lengthy discussion about the whole seating thing whereby Job would critically assess the locality of our seats in relation to Jay's position on stage. I won't go into great detail about it, especially since Job made the conversation take a sharp turn towards some rather racy, risque topics (hey, kids might be reading this), but I can tell you that it, uh, involved a little something about Job hoping we get a good view of Jay - down there. Yeah, apparently, to him, he says that that's the whole point in even going at all.

Anyway, Job didn't want to get floor seats because he said that he didn't want to have to stand on his feet for two hours and risk getting squashed to smithereens by sweaty, teenage teenyboppers. Despite my relentless whining protests about me not minding two hours of standing (for Jay, I'd run two hours in heels) and being squished to tiny Lynn particles by all the teenies, he still insisted on avoiding the floor seats.

I guess that means I can forget about indulging in two hours of teenage teenism as originally planned. Sigh.


~*~


[ Kim Jong Il ]

Akira's going to Korea! That lucky duck. He said that if he has time he's going to stop by the North Korean border and wave to his uncle (the one that's a secret spy for Kim Jong Il) over on the other side. I told him to be extra cautious because he could run the risk of getting abducted or hit by a tester nuclear bomb (or both), but he assured me that he would be fine, especially since Kim Jong Il and his uncle are so chummy and all. But don't worry, Akira, if I don't see you on MSN in a week, I'll make sure to alert the authorities. (Note: Akira's uncle isn't really a spy for KJI. It's just a stupid inside joke of ours. He doesn't even have any uncles living in Korea, much less North Korea.)

Anyway, with all this talk about Kim Jong Il, I just had to share this. It's from this guy's Live Journal blog. He pretends to be Kim Jong Il and has made-up conversations with Bin Laden, Bush, and Cheney. I haven't checked it out for a while, but I just did after talking to Akira and, boy, it's SO pee-in-your-pants, laugh-out-loud funny.



~*~


[ Musical Tidbit ]

Nicole Theriault's Mai Mee Hed Pone song is so pretty. While the lyrics might sound a little cliched in English, it sounds so heartfelt - poetic, even - when sung in Thai. Hrmm, I guess it's kind of like swearing; cuss in English and it sounds vulgar, cuss in French and it sounds like you're spouting words of amour.

Merde, tu me fais chier! See what I mean?


~*~


Boy, and I thought I couldn't get any more random than this.



<< past entries | latest entry >>




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<bgsound src="http://203.150.224.138/musicart//newmusicstation/sandra/ontower.swf" loop="infinite">